Volunteering For Teens @ FPL
How to Become a Volunteer
- Be between the ages of 12-18
- Submit an online application
- Please make sure to read the Fairfield Public Library Teen Volunteer Guidelines
Virtual Project Guidelines and Requirements
- Prior to writing any reviews, you must submit titles to the Teen Library, Jennifer Laseman @ firstname.lastname@example.org
- Be creative and use your imagination
- Must be a thoughtful discussion of the book-not simply a reaction piece.
- All works submitted must be original works created by the volunteer for Fairfield Public Library
- Please note: Hours earned are subject to change at the discretion of the Teen Librarian. Projects that do not meet the minimum requirements may have time deducted from the hours earned or may not be accepted.
- In order to earn full credit, the book must be read for purposes of reviewing-not a book you read years ago or one read for a class assignment. Book reviews written on such books are eligible up to 1 hour of service hour credit.
- Submit your project to the Teen Librarian, Jennifer Laseman email@example.com
- If submitting a review, please fill out and return this Review Certification Letter
- If you need proof of volunteering, please submit your request in advance to firstname.lastname@example.org
|Projects||Project Description||Range of Hours One May Earn (depends on quality of submission)|
|Reviews||Write a review or make a video of a book (fiction, non-fiction, graphic novel, manga, audio) or movie the library owns either digitally or in print.
||Watch and review a movie- up to 2 hours. Read/ listen to book and write review- up to 4 hours. In order to earn 4 hours, book must be read for purposes of review writing. Books that are not read for review writing are only eligible for up to 1 hour of writing credit.|
|Create-a-Trailer||Pick a book or movie from the library (print or digital). Create a video trailer that would make someone want to check it out.||Up to 2 hours|
|Read-A-likes List or Video||Pick a book or movie from the library (print or digital) that was published within the past 10 years. Create a list or make a video recommending similar titles…If you like this, try these… Must have at least 10 items written or 1 minute video.||Up to 2 hours|
|Database or Digital Resource Tutorial||Pick a FPL database or digital resource and create a “how to” guide for other teens. You can write it out or create a video.||Up to 2 hours|
|Teen Council Meetings
|Attend and Participate in a Teen Council Meeting. Please email Jennifer Laseman, email@example.com if interested in this opportunity. Teen Council Members also have the chance to help with programs and additional in-person opportunities.||Hourly|