Virtual Volunteering For Teens @ FPL
How to become a Volunteer
- Be between the ages of 12-18
- Submit an online application
- Read the Fairfield Public Library Teen Volunteer Guidelines
- Complete a service project listed in chart below
- Submit your project to the Teen Librarian, Jennifer Laseman firstname.lastname@example.org
- If submitting a review, please fill out and return this Review Certification Letter
Project Guidelines and Requirements
- Be creative and use your imagination
- All works submitted must be original works created by the volunteer for Fairfield Public Library
- Projects may be posted to the library website, e-newsletter, and/or library social media accounts
- If you have questions, please send to Teen Librarian, Jennifer Laseman @ email@example.com
- Keep track of the projects you have completed including the date and time spent.
- If you need proof of volunteering, please submit your request in advance to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Please note: Hours earned are subject to change at discretion of the Teen Librarian. Projects that do not meet the minimum requirements may have time deducted from the hours earned.
|Virtual Projects||Project Description||Range of Hours One May Earn (depends on quality of submission)|
|Reviews||Write a review or make a video of a book (fiction, non-fiction, graphic novel, manga, audio) or movie the library owns either digitally or in print.
||Watch and review a movie- up to 2 hours. Read/ listen to book and write review- up to 4 hours.|
|Create-a-Trailer||Pick a book or movie from the library (print or digital). Create a video trailer that would make someone want to check it out.||Up to 2 hours|
|Read-A-likes List or Video||Pick a book or movie from the library (print or digital) that was published within the past 10 years. Create a list or make a video recommending similar titles…If you like this, try these… Must have at least 10 items written or 1 minute video.||Up to 2 hours|
|Database or Digital Resource Tutorial||Pick a FPL database or digital resource and create a “how to” guide for other teens. You can write it out or create a video.||Up to 2 hours|
|Teen Council Meeting||Attend and Participate in a Teen Council Meeting. Please email Jennifer Laseman, email@example.com if interested in this opportunity||Hourly|