Until we reopen, Fairfield Public librarians are hosting virtual books clubs.
Click here to access our monthly calendar for more information.
Or email us for more information: firstname.lastname@example.org
The Senior Literary Society, which normally meets at the Bigelow Center for Senior Activities, 100 Mona Terrace, is meeting virtually on the third Wednesday of each month from 11am to noon. Join Mary Coe for a lively discussion of fiction and non-fiction books.
- December 16, 2020 – A Tree Grows in Brooklyn by Betty Smith
- January 20, 2021 – The Love Story of Missy Carmichael by Beth Morrey
- February 17, 2021 – The Other Einstein by Marie Benedict
- March 2021 – date and title TBA – One Book One Town 2021 selection
Check the calendar of events for full details, dates and times of all book groups.
“Mainly Books” Book Club – NEW! meets the last Wednesday of most months at 6:30 pm at Main Library.
- January 29, 2020 – This Tender Land by William Kent Krueger
- February 19, 2020 – One Book One Town 2020
- March 25, 2020 – The World That We Knew by Alice Hoffman
- April 29, 2020 – Ask Again, Yes by Mary Beth Keane
- May 20, 2020 – The Glass Room by Simon Mawer
- June 24, 2020 – Mistress of the Ritz by Melanie Benjamin
A Different Kind of Book Club: Join us for a new kind of book club. We will focus on a single genre each month. Librarians will lead the discussion: history, popularity, domestic vs. international, seminal works, adaptations, and best selling authors of that genre. Share your favorite books from the genre, or sit back and listen. Go home with a new list of books to read. Come try something new at the Library and bring a friend! 6:30 pm in the Memorial Room, Main Library.
- December 7, 2020: Holiday Mysteries and Romance
- 2021: Full schedule coming soon
NAMI Book Group: The Library co-sponsors this book group with NAMI- the National Alliance on Mental Illness. For three decades NAMI has supported people living with mental illness and their families. It provides educational programs for the community and promotes healthy living. It meets once every two months, usually the third Thursday of the month at 7PM in the Jennings Room, Main Library.
Since its inception many different authors have been chosen, either by the leader or suggested by members of the group. All are welcome to join at any time.
This is a book group for those who enjoy informal discussion and hearing the different viewpoints of the members. You don’t need to preregister and you are welcome whether or not you were able to finish the book.
Books and Banter – meets varied Thursdays, depending on the month. We meet at the Fairfield Woods Branch at 1:00pm. We are a drop in group, with great research, discussion and banter about varied titles. We have discussed everything from memoirs and nonfiction to prose and fiction. We welcome our regulars and first timers with open arms even if you have not finished our current title. Join Us!
• January 23, 2020: Where the Crawdads Sing by Delia Owens
• February 20, 2020: The Library Book by Susan Orlean
• March 19, 2020: Running with Sherman by Christopher McDougall – OBOT 2020
• April 23, 2020: National Poetry Month – bring a poem to share
Woods Book Group – meets the last Wednesday of most months at 1:30 pm in the Small Meeting Room. As a group, we have mainly read historical fiction along with some contemporary literary fiction titles.