The Senior Literary Society, which normally meets at the Bigelow Center for Senior Activities, 100 Mona Terrace, is meeting virtually until further notice on the third Wednesday of each month from 11am to noon. Join Mary Coe for a lively discussion of fiction and non-fiction books.
- September 15, 2021 – Big Lies in a Small Town by Diane Chamberlain
- October 20, 2021 – The Children’s Blizzard by Melanie Benjamin
- November 17, 2021 – When the Stars Go Dark by Paula McLain
- December 15, 2021 – Mr. Dickens and His Carol by Samantha Silva
- January 19, 2022 – Death at Greenway by Lori Rader-Day
Check the calendar of events for full details, dates and times of all book groups.
Main Book Club – meets at 1:30pm in the Memorial Room at Main Library.
- Wednesday, September 22 – The Dearly Beloved by Cara Wall
- Wednesday, October 27 – The Personal Librarian by Marie Benedict
- Wednesday, December 1 – The Nine Lives of Rose Napolitano by Donna Freitas
(Virtual) A Different Kind of Book Club: Join us for a different kind of book club. We will focus on a single genre each month. Librarians will lead the discussion: history, popularity, domestic vs. international, seminal works, adaptations, and best selling authors of that genre. Share your favorite books from the genre, or sit back and listen. Go home with a new list of books to read.
- Sept 13, 2021: African-American Authors (#OwnVoices)
- Oct 4, 2021: Asian-American Authors (#OwnVoices)
- Nov 1, 2021: Latinx/Hispanic Authors (#OwnVoices)
- Dec 6, 2021: Feel-Good and Cozy Books from 2021
(Virtual) International Authors Book Club – second Wednesday evening of the month at 7:00pm. We will continue to meet virtually until meeting rooms reopen at Main Library.
Since its inception many different authors have been chosen, either by the leader or suggested by members of the group. All are welcome to join at any time. This is a book group for those who enjoy informal discussion and hearing the different viewpoints of the members. You don’t need to preregister and you are welcome whether or not you were able to finish the book.
- Sept 8, 2021: Widows of Malabar Hill by Sujata Massey
- Oct 13, 2021: Last Orders By Graham Swift
- Nov 10, 2021: The Beekeeper of Aleppo by Christy Lefteri
- Dec 8, 2021: All The Birds, Singing by Evie Wyld
- Jan 12, 2022: Apeirogon by Colum McCann
- Feb 9, 2022: My Heart by Semezdin Mehmedinovic
- March 9, 2022: Hamnet by Maggie O’Farrell
- April 13, 2022: A Whole Life by Robert Seethaler
- May 11, 2022: The Emigrants by W.G. Sebald
- June 8, 2022: Two Lives by William Trevor