Please read carefully as the Board of Library Trustees has modified
the room reservation policies and rates effective September 1, 2014.
Study Rooms are NOT part of this system. To book a study room, please call the Information Desk.
Main Library (203) 256-3160 / Woods Branch (203) 255-7308.
PLEASE BE SURE TO READ ALL OF OUR POLICIES AND PROCEDURES BEFORE APPLYING ONLINE BELOW
The Library maintains its facilities primarily for Library-related programs. The programs may be sponsored or co-sponsored by the Library in order to further its mission providing informational, educational, cultural and recreational opportunities for our community. Due to the inner Library programming process, rooms may be booked according to this schedule.
- Reservation Requests should be made online.
- If you require special assistance, Main Library rooms may be reserved by calling (203) 256-3155 and pressing 6.
- Branch Library bookings may be made by calling 203-255-7308.
- Reservations will be accepted up to three months in advance pending Library schedule and must be made no later than 10 business days before the meeting through this online reservation system. Last minute meetings can sometimes be booked by telephone.
- Purpose of the meeting should be stated at time of reservation and a fee will be established.
- Priority will be given first to Library and Friends of the Library sponsored programs.
- Main Library, 1080 Old Post Road, Fairfield, Connecticut 06824 has four rooms:, the Annie B. Jennings Room, the Children’s Program Room, the Memorial Room, and the Rotary Room.
- Fairfield Woods Branch Library, 1147 Fairfield Woods Road, Fairfield, CT 06824 has two rooms: the Children’s Library Small Meeting Room and the Caroline Platt Walsh Community Room (Note: This room requires a monitor for the duration of the rental).
For more detailed information about the rooms available including room capacity, setup options and available equipment, please click here.
The Town of Fairfield, Fairfield Public Library, The Library Board of Trustees, the Town Librarian, employees and volunteers assume no responsibility for loss, theft, or damage of any property of any group or individual using the Library meeting rooms and, in addition, assume no responsibility for the personal injury (including death) of any individual using the meeting rooms unless such property damage or personal injury is directly caused by the sole negligence or intentional tort of the Fairfield Public Library or its representatives. Groups that fail to comply with these rules may be denied use of the meeting rooms.
- The Library will provide only a basic setup of the room within the limits of the equipment specified for use in each room. All additional equipment not specified in the schedule must be provided by the user and removed promptly following the meeting. Laptops are not provided by the Library.
- No IT support is provided by Library staff. There are binders for each room with instructions, including troubleshooting. Please plan accordingly. For instance, VGA and HDMI adaptors must be provided by room renters for APPLE computer users.
- The room and kitchen must be left neat and clean. A fee may be assessed by Town Librarian if the room and equipment are not left as found.
- Groups must vacate the library at its regular closing time unless arrangements have been made in advance for an after hours monitor.
- Groups must provide a telephone number for the attendees to contact them for information.
- The Library does not publicize non-Library events and the Library telephone number may not be used for non-library events. Outside groups are responsible for their own publicity.
- Cost of police or fire protection if deemed necessary by the Town Librarian will be paid by the user.
- Publicity should not give the impression that the Library is a sponsor of the meeting.
The facilities and the meeting rooms of the Fairfield Public Library are under the supervision of the Library Board of Trustees.
Subject to the Board’s discretion the meeting rooms may be used on the following basis:
- No admission fees, donations, fees for refreshments or any other charge may be made. The Friends of Fairfield Public Library may charge admission to their programs in order to raise money for the Library.
- Please support the mission of the Fairfield Public Library by keeping all business transactions outside of the Library. Sale and/or solicitations are not permitted although a performer/lecturer may sell books, CDs, or other products that relate to the presented program.
- The Library buildings are completely smoke free.
- A community group, not-for-profit organization (501 c 3), civic group, Fairfield home owners association, commercial organization or Town Department, Board or Commission may use the room for a public or private meeting.
- If the meeting is not co-sponsored by the Library, the organization using the room MUST be clearly identified as the sponsor in all publicity.
- Gatherings of a purely social nature or overt political campaigning are not allowed.
- The Library Board of Trustees retains the right to refuse use of the room.
- The Town Librarian or his/her designate has full authority to grant, refuse or revoke permission to use the facilities of the Library and to waive any requirements or regulations.
- Payment must be made by check to: Fairfield Public Library, at the time of the booking. If payment is not received 2 weeks prior to rental date, the reservation may be cancelled.
- No fee is charged for use by the Library or other Fairfield Town Department, Board or Commission, the Friends of Fairfield Public Library, local book clubs or any organization whose program is co-sponsored by the Library.
- Fees are listed in this chart:
- If the meeting will continue past the Main Library’s closing time, a monitor must be requested at time of booking.
- The rate to be paid to the monitor is $15.00 for the first hour or any portion thereof and $7.50 for every half hour thereafter.
- For example, the monitor’s pay would be calculated as follows:
- 1st hour or any portion thereof: $15.00
- 1 hour to one-and-a-half hours: $22.50
- One-and-a-half to 2 hours: $30.00
- For example, the monitor’s pay would be calculated as follows:
- A cancellation fee will be charged if the reservation is cancelled within two weeks of the meeting. That fee will be 50% of the room fee charged. If cancelled on the meeting day, the full fee will be collected. If the Library is closed due to weather issues or other reasons, a refund or credit will be processed.
Meetings may be scheduled to begin 15 minutes after the Library opens and must end fifteen minutes before closing. At the Main Library, arrangements may be made at the time of booking for an after hours monitor (see fee schedule above).
- A kitchen is available for the Main Library’s meeting rooms (Annie B. Jennings, Children’s Program Room, Memorial Room and Rotary Room).
- Light refreshments are allowed.
- The user is responsible for providing the necessary cups, plates, napkins, etc. for refreshments.
- Clean up is the responsibility of the user. A $50 cleaning fee will be charged if the kitchen is not in clean and orderly condition.
Room layout and equipment must be specified at the time of booking. Equipment available in each room will be presented to you while accessing the reservation system or by clicking here. Users are responsible for all equipment in the room and will be charged for loss or damage.
If you agree to the above regulations and would like to continue, click the button below.