Study Rooms are NOT part of this system. To book a study room, please call the Information Desk.
Main Library (203) 256-3160 / Woods Branch (203) 255-7308.
Due to the inner library programming process, January, March, and September room reservations do not open to the public until the end of the prior month, December, February, and August respectively. Thank you for understanding and being patient.
Subject to the Board’s discretion the meeting rooms may be used on the following basis:
- No admission fees, donations, fees for refreshments or any other charge may be made. The Friends of Fairfield Public Library may charge admission to their programs in order to raise money for the Library.
- Organizations sponsoring educational or training conferences, workshops, planning sessions, etc. may collect registration fees for materials or tuition in advance.
- Sale and/or solicitations are not permitted although a performer/lecturer may sell books, CDs, or other products that relate to the presented program.
- The Library buildings are completely smoke free.
- A community group, non-profit organization, commercial organization or Town Department, Board or Commission may use the room for a public or private meeting.
- If the meeting is not co-sponsored by the Library, the organization using the room must be clearly identified as the sponsor in all publicity.
- Gatherings of a purely social nature are not allowed.
- The Library Board of Trustees retains the right to refuse use of the room.
- The Town Librarian or his/her designate has full authority to grant, refuse or revoke permission to use the facilities of the Library and to waive any requirements or regulations
- Reservation Requests can be made online or by contacting the library.
- Main Library rooms may be reserved by calling (203) 256-3155 and pressing 6
- Reservations will be accepted up to three months in advance and must be made no later than 2 business days before the meeting through this online reservation system. Last minute meetings can be booked by telephone.
- Purpose of the meeting should be stated at time of reservation and a fee will be established.
- Priority will be given first to Library and Friends of the Library sponsored programs, then to other Town Departments, Boards and Commissions.
- Payment must be made by check to: Fairfield Public Library.
- No fee is charged for use by the Library or other Fairfield Town Department, Board or Commission, the Friends of Fairfield Public Library, local book clubs or any organization whose program is co-sponsored by the Library. The Town Librarian and/or the Board of Trustees may waive this fee at their discretion.
- Fees are:
- Annie B. Jennings Room: $25 flat fee for non-profit organizations; $25 per hour (2 hour minimum) for for-profit organizations
- Memorial Room: $25 flat fee for non-profit organizations; $50 per hour (2 hour minimum) for for-profit organizations
- Rotary Room: $25 flat fee for non-profit organizations; $75 per hour (2 hour minimum) for for-profit organizations
- If the meeting will continue past the Main Library’s closing time, a monitor must be requested at time of booking.
- The rate to be paid to the monitor is $12.00 for the first hour or any portion thereof and $6.00 for every half hour thereafter.
- For example, the monitor’s pay would be calculated as follows:
- 1st hour or any portion thereof: $12.00
- 1 hour to one-and-a-half hours: $18.00
- One-and-a-half to 2 hours: $24.00
- For example, the monitor’s pay would be calculated as follows:
- A cancellation fee will be charged if the reservation is canceled within a week of the meeting. That fee will be $10.00 for non-profit community groups and 50% of the room fee charged for commercial use. If cancelled on the meeting day, the full fee will be collected.
- Main Library, 1080 Old Post Road, Fairfield, Connecticut 06824 has three rooms: the Rotary Room, Annie B. Jennings Room and the Memorial Room.
For more detailed information about the rooms available including room capacity, setup options and available equipment, please click here.
TIMES AVAILABLE FOR MEETINGS:
Meetings may be scheduled to begin one half hour after the Library opens and must end fifteen minutes before closing. At the Main Library, arrangements may be made at the time of booking for an after hours monitor (see fee schedule above).
- A kitchen is available in the Main Library’s meeting rooms (Rotary Room, Memorial Room and Jennings Room).
- Light refreshments are allowed.
- The user is responsible for providing the necessary cups, plates, napkins, etc. for refreshments.
- Clean up is the responsibility of the user.
The Town of Fairfield, Fairfield Public Library, The Library Board of Trustees, the Town Librarian, employees and volunteers assume no responsibility for loss, theft, or damage of any property of any group or individual using the Library meeting rooms and, in addition, assume no responsibility for the personal injury (including death) of any individual using the meeting rooms unless such property damage or personal injury is directly caused by the sole negligence or intentional tort of the Fairfield Public Library or its representatives.
- The Library will provide only a basic setup of the room within the limits of the equipment specified for use in each room. All additional equipment not specified in the schedule must be provided by the user and removed promptly following the meeting.
- The room and kitchen must be left neat and clean.
- Groups must vacate the library at its regular closing time unless arrangements have been made in advance for an after hours monitor.
- Groups must provide a telephone number for the public to contact them for information. The Library will not give out information about meetings and the Library telephone number may not be used.
- Cost of police or fire protection if deemed necessary by the Town Librarian will be paid by the user.
- Publicity should not give the impression that the Library is a sponsor of the meeting.
EQUIPMENT SPECIFIED FOR USE IN MEETING ROOMS:
Room layout and equipment must be specified at the time of booking. Equipment available in each room will be presented to you while accessing the reservation system or by clicking here. Users are responsible for all equipment in the room and will be charged for loss or damage.
Due to change in Library hours effective July 1, 2012, meeting rooms will be available for Saturday meetings from 1:30 pm until 4:30 pm.
If you agree to the above regulations and would like to continue, click the I AGREE button below.