How to print from your mobile device (or laptop) at Fairfield Public Library
The Fairfield Public Library uses Pharos Systems’ MobilePrint to allow you to print from your mobile device (or any computer for that matter). There are two methods available to print your document(s): Upload or Email. Uploading is the preferred method since it is much faster and allows you more control over how your document(s) are printed.
MobilePrint does not work with iPhone and iPad users. iPhone or iPad users can either email the document to themselves and then log onto a library computer to print, or use the email instructions below.
MobilePrint supports the following document types:
(MobilePrint does not support MS Publisher. Publisher files can be converted to PDF to print.)
- Microsoft® Word: .doc, .docx, .dot
- Microsoft® Excel: .xls, .xlt,.xlsx, .xltx, .xltm, .xlsm
- Microsoft® PowerPoint: .ppt, .pptx, .pptm, .pot, .pps, .potx, .ppsx
- Microsoft® Visio: .vsd, .vss, .vst, .vdx, .vsx, .vtx, .vdw
- Microsoft® Outlook: .msg, .eml
- Comma Separated Values: .csv
- Adobe Portable Document Format: .pdf
- Rich Text Format: .rtf
- Text files: .txt
- Limited HTML support HTML as part of the email body itself. HTML links or attachments are not supported for security reasons.
- Image formats: .jpg, .jpeg, .gif, .png, .bmp, .tif, and .tiff
- Other formats: .cfg and .ini
The following finishing options are supported:
- Black and White/Color
- 1 Page per side/2 Pages per side
- Number of Copies
How to Upload Your Document(s)
Print from a laptop computer (Mac/PC) or Android Device
- Click here to go to MobilePrint
- Enter your library card number or guest pass number and PIN.
- Upload your document.
- Go to the Print Station at the library and enter your library card or guest pass number and PIN.The cost to print is $ 0.10 per page for black and white, and $ 0.50 per page for color. Insert your money into the coin machine, and click “Print.”.
How to Email Your Document(s)
Patrons can either email a document to themselves and log on to one of our Internet PCs to print OR can use the email addresses below attaching the document to be printed.
Note: Double sided printing is not available for images/documents submitted via email.
- email@example.com – for any image/document to be printed in black and white, single sided, for $0.10 per page
- firstname.lastname@example.org – for any image/document that contains color to be printed in color, single sided, for $0.50 per page (black and white images/documents submitted via this email address will be printed in black and white and will be charged $0.10 per page).
If you have never emailed documents to MobilePrint, you will receive an email asking you to register your email address. Click the link in that email to do so. Log in into MobilePrint using your library card or guest pass number and PIN. Once your documents are ready to be printed, you will receive another email notifying you that you can now print. Go to the Print Station at the library and log in using your library card or guest pass number and PIN. The cost to print is $ 0.10 for a black and white, and $ 0.50 for a color. Insert your money into the coin machine, and click “Print.”.