Fairfield Digital Library
Help & Instructions
An active Fairfield Public Library card is required.
Download free ebooks and audiobooks to your device now, from our library!
Is your device listed? Check here.
Need help getting started? For device-specific information, check here.
Frequently Asked Questions:
- How many items can I have checked out? 10
- How long is the loan period? The Overdrive system defaults to a 14 day loan period, but you can change it to 7 days during checkout.
- Can I renew my ebooks? Yes, if no one is waiting for the book you have checked out, the option to renew will appear wto days prior to the due date. Click on “Renew.” to complete the transaction.
- Can I return an eBook early? Yes. Kindle users: go to Amazon.com, select Your Account, Log in, and view your library loans. There is an action button for each item and one of the choices is to return the item early. Overdrive Media Console App users: open the Overdrive Media Console app on your device, find the book on your bookshelf, and tap the “+” to the right of the book to select “Return/Delete”.
- I received an email that my ebook hold is ready to be checked out. How do I do that? Go to the Fairfield Digital Library, sign in to “My Digital Account,” select “My Holds” and check out the ebook that is on hold for you. You have 72 hours to complete the checkout after you receive the email notice.
- Can I see where I am on a waiting list? Yes. Go to “My Holds” in “My Digital Account” to see where you are on a waiting list.
- Why are some of my favorite authors and titles not available through the Fairfield Digital Library? You may request a title by clicking the “Suggest a title” button on the left column of the Digital Library main page. Please note that some publishers and distributors are restricting library access to ebooks, either by not offering them for sale to libraries or by pricing the ebooks at prohibitive prices that are often double or triple the cost of print copies.
Still need help?
- Join us for drop-in e-reader help sessions. Call the reference desk at 203.256.3160 for upcoming dates and times.